Website powered by

Enu - RiME

After recently finishing this game called "RiME", I decided to make a sculpt of the main character, called "Enu". I was so moved by how well this game was made. Beautiful storytelling, and the ending -wow. I wont post any spoilers here, but I will say that I definitely shed a tear. :)

I highly recommend you check this game out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/493200/RiME/

Final render, with an in-game screenshot as background

Final render, with an in-game screenshot as background

Final result, Workbench render

Final result, Workbench render

Iteration #1: I first tried getting the shape of the head right. After a while I found out the hair added a lot of mass, so I put some placeholder hairs there to get a better perception of how the head looked.

Iteration #1: I first tried getting the shape of the head right. After a while I found out the hair added a lot of mass, so I put some placeholder hairs there to get a better perception of how the head looked.

Iteration #2: Some changes to the face, I changed the placement of some hair groups.

Iteration #2: Some changes to the face, I changed the placement of some hair groups.

Iteration #3: I modified the hair groups again, to match some reference I was using. At this point I was slowly realizing that this placeholder hair was also going to be the hair that I would be using in the final render.

Iteration #3: I modified the hair groups again, to match some reference I was using. At this point I was slowly realizing that this placeholder hair was also going to be the hair that I would be using in the final render.

Iteration #4: A bit of a cheek reshape, I found the previous cheek a little too slim, so I made it a bit more robust so it looks like a boy. I rounded off the top of the head a bit more and made it overall a bit less tall.

Iteration #4: A bit of a cheek reshape, I found the previous cheek a little too slim, so I made it a bit more robust so it looks like a boy. I rounded off the top of the head a bit more and made it overall a bit less tall.

Iteration #5: Again, some slight tweaking in the cheeks, I made it slightly slimmer again. Other than that, I made the facial expression look a bit more natural and changed the shape of the eye

Iteration #5: Again, some slight tweaking in the cheeks, I made it slightly slimmer again. Other than that, I made the facial expression look a bit more natural and changed the shape of the eye

Iteration #6: Some more minor tweaks to the width of the upper-part of the head. I also made the head a little less tall to match the reference further. I also added a part of the chest.

Iteration #6: Some more minor tweaks to the width of the upper-part of the head. I also made the head a little less tall to match the reference further. I also added a part of the chest.

Iteration 7: removed part of the scarf that looked a bit off and once again made some minor tweaks to the cheeks.

Iteration 7: removed part of the scarf that looked a bit off and once again made some minor tweaks to the cheeks.

Iteration #8: FINAL
Added right arm, and improved on the scarf a bit. I also added some depth to the chest.

Iteration #8: FINAL
Added right arm, and improved on the scarf a bit. I also added some depth to the chest.